Hi, I’m Andrew. I am a software engineer based in Hong Kong. My experience as a developer comes with making websites as a hobby in my childhood. Still, through the last four years of my career, I am passionate about developing web applications with high-quality code. I enjoy creating beautiful, simple and elegant web applications.
Graduated from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, I started my career in 2016 as a frontend developer in a digital marketing agency. I work with designers for multimedia campaigns.
One year later, I joined a local unicorn startup Lalamove and start focusing on full-stack software development. I rebuilt the customer-side web application with my teammates to payback tech debts and enhanced the technical foundation of the systems. At Lalamove I also open-sourced different projects, including @lalamove/karang – an internal React UI components library being used across all main frontend projects.
I am now working in the financial services industry. I joined the New Ventures team in PwC to build innovative products, and create new value for the clients.
Over the years, I realized that my strength is working on frontend projects with designers by making sure every element in good shape with elegant code. Maintainable code means a lot to me - it should be well tested with clear structure. Also, I used to develop software under Agile and Waterfall methodologies with Git workflow.
Feel free to contact me for reaching out ☕!
- Backend: Node.js, PHP, Golang, C++
- Database & Caching: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis
- DevOps: Docker
- Cloud infrastructure: Microsoft Azure
- Mobile: React Native, Ionic, Unity
- Graphics: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Blender
- UI: Sketch, Adobe XD
- Marketing: Google AdWords, Doubleclick for Publishers
- CMS: Strapi, Wordpress
- Industry knowledge: Scrum
- English, Chinese (Cantonese, Mandarin)
- Second Runner-up Award • Cisco Hong Kong & Macau Youth Networking Skills Competition
- Why we build our UI library? • Show Me The Code Meetup #9
- Arming Your Idea: Digital Media Design & Marketing • Lingnan University
- Fall in Love to Tech: Build Your Own App as an Entrepreneur • Lingnan University
I have worked with him on both of external and internal products since his first day at Lalamove. Andrew’s single greatest strength is a combination of two: he always drives for a high level of quality in his work while also challenging the status quo; seeking better ways of doing things. I attribute both of these strengths to his willingness.
Having worked in product designs around 10 years, I am well equipped to say that Andrew has the potential to be a leader in this field.
–– Jun Cheong, Grab
Further, Andrew has a special good eye for design, good taste as a creative. He can make designers’ ideas out the door, no matter how crazy they are. We have all experienced badly designed websites, and Andrew has the elegant sense to make sure everything in shape.
–– Jay Pun, Lalamove
–– Alpha Wong, Sandbox VR